Essen is a leading provider of analytical instrumentation, optimized reagents, and sophisticated software for real-time quantitative cellular analysis.
- Compelling Value Proposition: Fundamentally changing researchers’ approach to cell analysis by delivering deeper biological understanding, new experiment types, and improved workflow.
- Product-Market Fit: Industry standard” market position with nearly 1,500 instruments installed, including the top 20 biopharma companies and most major academic universities
- New Product Development: Substantially increased Essen’s generation of high margin recurring revenue from its installed base driven by the development of new solutions which often included reagents and consumables
- Sales & Marketing: Made very substantial investments in the front end commercial organization, more than doubling the sales and field support headcount on a global basis, while also upgrading the quality of sales processes and related tracking and information systems
- Finance: Professionalized Essen’s infrastructure through the implementation of new financial reporting and information systems, the addition of key operations and finance executives, and the enhancement of its production capabilities
- Operations: Supported the development of the Company’s technology infrastructure, finance and management information systems
Successfully sold the business in March 2017 to Sartorious AG for $325M